Have hard movable lump in supraclavicular fossa. Could it be lymph node?

Jul 2016

I have a hard lump in supraclavicular fossa (right) . It is there if I press down and appears to move when I lift my arm. Is there anything other than lymph node this could be? It's towards shoulder not neck. thank you
Posted Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later

You have a hard lump in the right supraclavicular region. I am interested to know:

1) The duration of this lump.
2) If there is associated fever?
3) If there is/was any throat infection?
4) History of cough?
5) Any other associated symptoms with the lump in the past.

From the facts given it looks to be just an enlarged lymph node. However the possibility can be confirmed by a careful physical examination and set of investigations that includes:
1) Complete haemogram with E.S.R
2) X-ray Chest
3) Ultrasound examination of the lump with Fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) study of the lump.

You may consider consulting your nearby physician to process the investigations.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.