Have hard mass above public area below belly button. Is it a cancer?

Question
I have a hard mass size of dime above public area center line below bellow button it is hard and found it three days ago what may it be may be smaller then a dime feals encapsulted i am a respiratory therapist worried about cancer
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This is unlikely to be cancer Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this mass that you found. Unless there are other symptoms, it would be very unlikely to represent cancer. cancers grow over time and rarely do they just appear from no way over night. Most common cause of these masses on the body if often a lipoma. However, this location is not typical of lipomas. I think it would be a great idea to get it examined at your convenience. there is no need going to the emergency room to get this checked out because it presents no urgency and would be expensive for no real reasons. In summary: Not likely to be cancer, no need for an ER visit, plan and get it examined when you have the time. I hope this helps. i wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to request for more information if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD

Follow-up: Have hard mass above public area below belly button. Is it a cancer? 5 minutes later
since i am on the road my Md is in Rochester ny and i am in Florida on a six month contract would it be prudent to just wait and see or should i go to a urgent care since my regular md is at home

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please, monitor for 4more weeks Detailed Answer: Please, monitor this over some 4weeks before making any decision as to see a doctor urgently or not. Please monitor and report any changes that my warrant a consultation like it becoming painful, rapid increase in size, fluid draining out of it etc. Otherwise, plan to get it checked when you return. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more clarifications if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD