Have hard lump on the end of tailbone. Sore to touch. What could it be?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
i have a hard lump on the end of my tailbone. it feels like bone and about the size of a large marble. i had to sit for about 7 straight hours the other day and now it is very sore. what kind of lump could this be. it is tender when i push on it and tender to sit on. does not bother me when i walk
Posted Sun, 27 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 5 hours later
Hi

Thanks for writing in

The information you have provided points to a subcutaneous swelling, which could be a Lipoma, fibroma or a cyst

To come to a conclusive diagnosis you need to get examined by a surgeon and/or go for an ultrasound examination

In most cases simple excision is the only cure

Hope this helps
DO write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead