Have hard bump like knot below skin in chin area. No skin cancer. Suggest?

There is a hardknotty bump like knot below my skin in chin area. Do you know of a dissolvent i can use to dissolve it. thank you.
I have been checked for skin cancer, I do not have skin cancer.
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Skin Cancer
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this bump and the troubling thoughts this has cause you.

We need to know for sure what this bump is . I am happy you have been cleared of cancer but it could represent something else. Surgical removal and examination would provide both a solution and help with the definitive diagnosis.

The truth is there is no dissolvent that can do that job. If it should, then it would also dissolve the skin before reaching the bump underneath and i do not think this is an option to consider.

Most of these skin growths are often addressed with minor surgical excision. If it is so disturbing, then you would need to XXXXXXX with a dermatologist and plan for its excision. Drugs would not be able to do this at this time.

Hope this helps. I wish you well.
Ask further questions if you need clarifications.
Dr. Ditah, MD