Have hard and sore vein in the armpit. Easy way to get cure?

hard and sore vein (?) in the armpit. It has been tender and sore for a number of days. It feels like a cord that is tender to the touch. Sometimes my lower arm near the inner part of the elbow feels achey too.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 13 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Such symptoms are suggestive of Hidradenitis suppurativa which is an pyogenic infection of lymph nodes in the axilla or it can be an upper limb thrombophlebitis or a lymphangitis.
Either of the condition can take serious turn and should be treated with specific antibiotics. You should get yourself examined by a physician as soon as possible and get treated to avoid complications.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!