Have hair on chin and moustache but no beard. What could be the reason?

Dermatologist
Question
hey, Iam 20 yrs old, and I don't have beard, I have mustache and hair in my chin but the actual beard no, so pls tell me what do I have to do?, do I have to do some tests to check what's wrong with my beard or what??
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 1 hour later
Hai
Hair at upperlip, chin, beard, axillae, pubic areas are all sex hormone dependent. Generally if hair is present in kost other areas means you dont suffer from any hormone problem.
However it is better to undergo hormone profile like
1. Thyroid tests
2. Androgen levels
3. Dheas level
4. Blood sugars

if all these tests are normal minoxidil may be tried locally
Thanks once again.have a nice day
Prasad pvs

Follow-up: Have hair on chin and moustache but no beard. What could be the reason? 11 minutes later
so how do I do these things or tests, tell me how, and if a doctor can do these for me pls give me his/her details

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 2 hours later
Hai
Please consult your nearest dermatologist. He will help u
Bye
Prasad

Follow-up: Have hair on chin and moustache but no beard. What could be the reason? 18 hours later
most of them needs refer letter, so can u contact with one of them who can see me this week or something, Iam in Australia Melbourne XXXXXXX
thank you

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 49 minutes later
Hello
I am sorry to say that I dont know anyone in australia. You have to try other sources. I am from india. However you can approach teaching medical colleges who can help you better
Have a nice day
Prasad pvs

Follow-up: Have hair on chin and moustache but no beard. What could be the reason? 1 hour later
hey just I wanna ask u something how they will do these tests for me??, just tell me how

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 3 minutes later
Hai
Itis all blood tests
Prasad

Follow-up: Have hair on chin and moustache but no beard. What could be the reason? 4 minutes later
ah ok and if all of them are normal I should take minoxidil to make it growth??
2nd question is can I do the blood tests with gb doctor in normal medical centre?

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 9 minutes later
If tests are normal you may have to try onky minoxidil 5 percent lotion. It will take one year for Iimprovemennt.
You may do tests in any lab with your gps advice.
Thanks
I hope there may not be further doubts
Prasad

Follow-up: Have hair on chin and moustache but no beard. What could be the reason? 4 hours later
ok thank you, I will try to do the blood test asap, but just I want to know if the tests r not normal what do I have to do in that case??

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 39 hours later
Please check my previous para which has the answer
Prasad