Have had yeast infection. Having white discharge, swelling between anus and vagina. What could this be?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hello, I just was relieved of my yeast infection. But I still have white discharge. And know the space between my anus and vagina is swollen and hurts. What could this be?
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 minutes later

Your white discharge could be because of:
Birth control pill as a side effect, contraceptive pills can cause some amount of white discharge due to hormonal effect.
Co-existing bacterial infection along with yeast infection.
Bacterial vaginosis, which can occur due to flaring up of local bacteria of vaginal tract due to usage of antibiotics.
Persisting yeast infection.

Cause of the swelling of perineal area can also be because of above factors.
Folliculitis is one possibility which can lead to pain and swelling of perineal area.

So you once consult gynecologist and get examined to find out the actual cause of your problem.
By microbiological examination like swab for culture and sensitivity and/or handing drop preparation the causative oraginsm can be identified and treatment can be given.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have had yeast infection. Having white discharge, swelling between anus and vagina. What could this be? 7 hours later
I was at my gyno month ago got a Pap smear she prescribed me Monistat for yeast infection. It worked so know I have facilitis?
What is it?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 15 hours later

I told folliculitis as one possibility.
It means infection of the hair follicle on the perineal area. Which can present with redness, swelling, pain etc.
So by examination the gynecologist can find out the actual cause of your problem and treatment can be given accordingly.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.