Have had urine toxicology. Would that be viable to retest now?

I have had urine toxicology and the last one was in January. Would that urine tox screen still be viable to retest now?
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No it wont

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

Any substance or drug in urine stays for a period of time. Further to that the sample that you had given was way back in January and by now the drug in that urine sample might have reduced to negligble levels or may be undetectable.
So the same sample may not be viable for testing.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.