Have had typhoid fever. Planning for a baby. Are there any chances of infection through intercourse?

Hi, I am a 33 yr old male married to a 33yr old, I had typhoid fever till about 10 days back; now my reports are just about normal; my question is - can we plan for a baby or do we have to wait for a certain period and are there any chances of infection through intercourse?
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The sperms which get ejaculated are matured and stored in epididymis and seminal vesicles and are not affected by most of the drugs. So you can go for pregnancy as per your plans.
The typhoid is spread by oro-fecal route means the bacteria gets access in your body only through contaminated victuals and infects through gut and it is not an STD and so unable to spread by sexual intercourse.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: Have had typhoid fever. Planning for a baby. Are there any chances of infection through intercourse? 2 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX Choudhary
Thanks for your response!
Actually we have been married since over 7 yrs now and have been trying for a baby since over 5 yrs but have failed to conceive. We have undergone all the tests suggested by various doctors and all the reports have come out normal except for the prolactin report for the wife which is slightly above range. She took medication for the same and the prolactin levels are normal now. Earlier she had also undergone the AKT course for a year as well.
Otherwise we are a healthy and happy couple.
We look forward to your suggestion on our dilemma.

Best Regards
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 13 minutes later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
For what involvement the ATT was given to your wife, if genitourinary involvement was there then there are fair chances that there may be scarring of the tubes and faulty arrangement of cilia due to disease.
She needs to be investigated on that aspect.
You should also get your parameters checked like semen analysis.
Your case is of primary infertility and you should consult an experienced infertility specialist and follow up in an equipped infertility center.
Wish you a great health!