Have had typhoid. Having UTI. Are they related?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I live in Liberia and had typhoid in August. I now have a urinary tract infection. Can this be the same bacteria? I have not felt well since August. Can I still have typhoid even if I am not acutely ill? My typhoid test result is still high (320).
Posted Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 3 hours later

After reading your symptoms i feel that there is typhoid bacteria still present in your system. The urinary tract infection can be from the same bacteria or it can be an associated infection.
I would recommend you a urine culture sensitivity test and a total and differential blood count depending on which the antibiotics should be taken after consulting your physician.
Till you visit the doctor you may take plenty of water along with urinary alkalizer as it will change the pH of urine helping in reduction of UTI.
Hope this answers your query.