Have had two abortions, want children now. Is there a problem for pregnancy due to fibroids?

May 2013
hi doctor

My age is 30yrs and am married.from 2 months onwards we are planning for children.actually in 2003 i was became preganant and at that time we not ready for children,so we have consulted the doctor for this abortion was happned twice.2nd time abortion in 2005.after that we are very carefull about this.but last year with out any safety intercourse was the nextday i have used pill.

from march2012 onwards we are planning for children.before that i want to check the impact of all those things which we have done ,so i have consulted a doctor and she suggested me to go for full abdomen test ,follicular test and endocrinology.all reports are clear but in abdomen report they have mentioned a thing like there is fibroid of size 3.5*2.8cm and anteverted (8.4*4.9*4.7cm) just bulky size.

now my doubts are
1.because of this fibroid ,is there any problem for preganancy ?
2. what is anteverted (8.4*4.9*4.7cm) just bulky size?
3.because of 2 abortions and pill ,is there any problem for my preganancy.

please kindly clarify my doubts.
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 29 minutes later

1. fibroid can affect fertility by,
-in case of submucosal fibroid it can affect implantation of gestational sac,
-in case of cervical fibroid it can affect the ascent of sperm,
-normally during pregnancy fibroids can grow due to hormonal influence and may cause difficulty in labor and other complications like red degeneration etc.

2.uterus will be in anteverted position normally,
size little bigger may be because of fibroid,

3.sometimes history of abortions may lead to repeat abortion but this not true all the time,
in case of history of D&C during abortion there is possibility of pelvic inflammatory disease leading to XXXXXXX adhesions that may affect fertility,
in case of medical abortion it is less,
usage of emergency pill can lead to disturbances in menstrual cycles which will get corrected soon but they should not be used repeatedly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.