Have had treated for gonorrhea. Having pain and swelling in epididymis, frequent urination. Am I having epididymitis?

I had gonorrhea 10 years ago and was treated. I am now having lots of pain & swelling in my Epididymis. I am urinating more but very little urine is able to come out. I do not have insurance. I have been with the same partner for 2 years. We live togeather and we are not having sex outside our relationship. Do you think I have Edpididymitis? Thank you!
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

From the information that you submitted I am suspicious that you were dealing with a case of epididymitis. Epididymitis is not necessarily caused by a sexually transmitted infection. This is something that sometimes happens spontaneously. Sometimes it can occur after a mild degree of trauma.

There is treatment available for epididymitis. We generally use antibiotics and the most commonly prescribed antibiotic would be ciprofloxacin.

In your case I think I'll course of antibiotics would be a reasonable consideration. I would recommend that you contact your therapy.

Thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them as well.

Dr. Robert