Have had total blood test. Need help for interpreting my blood test results?

Need help for interpreting my blood test results.

Total cholesterol: 248
Triglycerides: 223
HDL: 54
LDL: 149
VLDL: 45
Non-HDL: 194

LFT test//
SGPT: 41
ALP: 109
Bilirubin total:1.12
Bilirubin direct: .16
Bilirubin indirect: .96
Total protein: 6.8
Albumin: 4.47
AG ratio: 2.24

I exercise regularly and have a good tolerance. My TMT is 95% of predicted value.

Please suggest medicines to check the same.

Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 24 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

Your cholesterol levels are on the higher side, the Total cholesterol and the bad cholesterol " LDL" both are on the high.Serum triglycerides though not so highly correlated with the atherosclerosis ,are still important.

Your GGT levels - 98 is also on the higher side, it is mostly high for persons with heavy alcohol intake.

You probably need to change your diet, taking care of the high fat and cholesterol diet with regular exercise.

A course of statins ( Lipid lowering drugs ) may also help, please consult your doctor to start them if you are unable to bring your levels down with diet and exercise alone.

Please let me know if you need more information.
Follow-up: Have had total blood test. Need help for interpreting my blood test results? 5 minutes later
Post exercising restraint on alcohol and food intake when should i go fir another test?
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 14 minutes later
6-8 weeks a good time to see whether your levels are getting better or not with diet and exercise.

If no improvement in 6-8 weeks, tablets can be considered.