Have had tongue pierced. Taking antibiotic for lymph nodes under chin. Is it safe to put the tongue ring back?

Jul 2012

hi i got my tongue pierced last week and i went to the doctor and it caused lymph nodes under my chin and my doctor gave me an antibiotic and she suggested me not to put my tongue ring back in but i did will the antibiotics make everything ok
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 13 minutes later
Hi there.
I have had some experience in the field of piercings being a dermatologist.
In addition to the antibiotics, please take a low dose 400mg ibuprofen three times daily after meals (to avoid any gastritis) that will help as an anti-inflammatory.
Yes a combination of the two will probably settle the glandular enlargement (which again is normal in tongue piercings) & hopefully keep the tongue-ring piercing patent! Cheers & wish everything is Ok in 48-72 hrs! Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosemtologist, Venereologist
Bangalore, India.