Have had tingling in breast and above. It's not pain. Underlying cause?

I've had tingling in my left breast and above. It's not a sharp pain. Any ideas?
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 31 minutes later
Thanks for your question.
If this has occurred for once only then probably it is not of any significance as such feelings may occur occasionally if there is any obstruction to venous return due to some form of pressure ( may be due to tight clothing or some sleeping positions ), but, if this is a frequent happening then you should give it importance as this may represent a superficial sign of an underlying breast pathology or a neurological problem ( e.g. nerve compression ).
I suggest, you should see a doctor in person & get yourself examined ( at least breast examination & local neurological examination. This is likely to provide some clues about the probable diagnosis.
Hope I have given you the desired response. Please write back if you want to discuss this further.
Best regards.