Have had thyroid test, taking thyronorm. What does the reports indicate?

I M XXXXX 29. 5.4", 60KG
my recent thyroid test 18TH XXXXXXX from thyrocare reads like this: T3= 169 (60 - 200 NORMAL RANGE)
T4=11.30 (4.5 - 12.0 NR)
TSH=1.00 (0.30 - 5.5 NR)
FT3=4.16 (1.7 - 4.2 NR)
FT4=1.51 (0.70 - 1.80 NR)
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 1 hour later

I have seen your Thyroid report.

I must say your thyroid report is perfectly NORMAL.

As you are hypothyroid , taking thyronorm 50 micro gram , every day in morning , and empty stomach.

Whats important in your report is TSH , which is 1.oo , because keeping tsh below 1.6 is important for a female to conceive a BABY.

Ususally , the most common cause of hypothyroidism is hashimotos hypothyroidism and in that I would suggest to continueyour thyronorm.

Because as soon as you stop thyronorm , your TSH willl start to rise above 4.5 in a month.

I would strongly suggest to continue thyronorm in the same dose , and consult your doctor , because he will be knowing the CAUSE of your hypothyroidism.

But at the same time i would say , mostly the cause of hypothyroidism in young females is autoimmune=hashimotos hypothyroidism , and in that case you need to continue your thyronorm for few more years , and get a 2 monthly thyroid report.

Don't worry thyronorm at 50 micro grams wont make you HYPERTHYROID( very low TSh).

Hope this helps.

Stay happy and healthy,

Feel free to ask any further questions.

Follow-up: Have had thyroid test, taking thyronorm. What does the reports indicate? 9 hours later
I am also taking 1 calcium carbonate 625 mg tablet 4 hours before taking my thyronorm 50 mcg and 2 spiriluna plantesis capsules carrying protein 60-69 g both before and after 4 hours of taking my thyronorm 50 mcg. I have started taking those food supplements 5 days back. suggest me whether it is ok for me or else?

one more problem, for the past 2 years, I have a diarrhea type of tendency daily morning ( 3-4 times consecutive latrine) what to do?
Answered by Dr. Omer 11 hours later
Hello again,

Thank you for understanding

Spiriluna is a herbal medicine which contains multivitamins and proteins

Proteins in spiriluna contains almost the same amount of amino acids (basic protein components) as in meat , fish , beef, etc. It's just spiriluna is expensive than meat so people prefer that + the extensive advertisment of spiriluna

You are young, and hypothyroidism itself causes low calcium; but if you are taking thyronorm then you don't need to take calcium supplements., and in your age I don't think you need calcium supplements, just check your blood Anxiety with low mood is common in hypothyroidism which in turn causes increased acid production at night when you are asleep, causing increased intestine motility , so when you wake up in morning , you need to evacuate the stool in your rectum from last night (Do you have high and low mood problem?)

Antacid like syp. gelusil taken before going to bed at night will solve your problem

I hope I was helpful to you

Your feed back is important for us

Follow-up: Have had thyroid test, taking thyronorm. What does the reports indicate? 4 hours later
sorry to disturb you again.From internet and some of my friends told me that NONI ( MORINDA CITRIFOLIA) capsules are very useful in hypothyroidism.

some are suggesting to take aloe vera extract capsules. but from internet I came to learn that aloe vera can interrupt in thyroid function.

please suggest me?

Answered by Dr. Omer 15 hours later
Hello again

NO , morinda citrifolia has no role in treatment of hypothyroidism , as it contain multivitamins , with essential amino acids

Aloe vera research has showed that yes it is helpful in treating mild hypothyroidism , without taking thyroxine , but no one knows how much aloe vera gel contains thyroxine in one sip

Secondly it causes less absorption of thyroxine from intestine

So again I would not suggest to take aloe vera for treatment of hypothyroidism

Hope this helps