Have had this cough for almost a month now. It

Question
Have had this cough for almost a month now. It neither worsens or gets better. Have visited a doctor back home. It helped to a certain degree but has not cured it all. Need some help because while working in a centralized AC environment it tends to increase a little more and coughing also increases.
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cough lozenges..

Detailed Answer:

I am interested to know
1. How this cough started - did it begin acutely (suddenly) or was it gradually?
2. Is there sputum with the cough? - If yes, how much? What color? foul smell?
3. Do you have chest pain or breathing difficulty?
4. Are you running fever? Did you have fever before cough started?
5. How is your appetite? Are you losing weight?
6. Any other associated complaints?

I would suggest to continue montek LC and the cough syrup even if they don't help much. It will gradually help in resolving this cough issue. In addition, I will also suggest use of cough lozenges twice or thrice a day (or) as and when needed. Your local pharmacist will know about cough lozenges.

Hope this helps. Looking forwards to more information.

Follow-up: Have had this cough for almost a month now. It 19 minutes later
I was in XXXXXXX when i drank and ate a lot of cold stuffs. After coming back from XXXXXXX to XXXXXXX it started in a couple of days. Earlier there used to be some cough that used to come out but now there is hardly anything that comes up. Throat feels dry and itchy. Cough used to be pale yellowish green and it did not have any specific smell. If i drink anything hot cough seems to come out a little .

No chest pain or breathing difficulty. No fever. Appetitte is normal and have not have any weight loss since it started.

Montek LC how much should i take?
Do you have any recommendation for cough syrup?

Answered by Dr. Prasad 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Syp TusQ

Detailed Answer:

You seem to be suffering from acute bronchitis. Respiratory examination and if needed lung function test could be done to confirm the possibility and to rule out other differentials.

In the mean while you can continue monteclc as advised. You may add syp TusQ for cough treatment.

Hope this answers your question.