Have had tenderness under armpit and noticed swelling. How to get relief?

I have had tenderness under my left armpit now for a few days. Seems to get worse at night. When I press, there's a ropey swelling under the skin that runs the length of my armpit that's particularly tender. Also, had occasional painful elbow over the past month and painful thumb.
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
You can be having Hidradenitis suppurativa which is an pyogenic infection of lymph nodes in the axilla or it can be an upper limb thrombophlebitis.
Either of the condition can take serious turn and should be treated with specific antibiotics. You should get yourself examined by a physician as soon as possible and get treated to avoid complications.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!