Have had symptoms of itchiness in anus, discomfort in stomach, stiff neck, low WBC. Had sexual encounter. HIV test best when?

Question
within past two months have had symptoms like this, itchy anus off and on, weird sensation in stomach, kind of burning discomfort feeling, itchy hives I believe from day to day that come and go randomly, stiff neck, feels like I am getting sick not fever but lathargic and tired my wbc was slightly low around 3.7 and abs lymph slightly low also as well as rbc slightly low. I also have lots of Gi gas and burping and soreness in my espohogus that comes and goes and what feels like cuts in my genital areas and hurts when I wipe that came and left with in like 1 hour. Weird. I don't know what is going on with me. Had a sexual encounter 2 years ago protected intercourse from what I remember but unprotected oral. had hiv test 40 days after was negative and asked him about his status and he says he tests regulary and is negative also. I had night sweats almost 2 weeks after that exposure with him and felt like I had a sore and tight throat and numb teeth and mouth and white tounge and pain in my espohagus off and on. Feeling like I'm going nuts here. Have to say my doctor did not make it any better when she said in front of me to her assistant "see this blood count this is what you often see in hiv patients" what the heck help please and thank you I am so afraid of hiv even though I tested at 40 days after negative. thanks
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Oral sex makes protected sex unprotected.

Test for HIV can be falls negative during window period. After unprotected sex, your test for HIV should be negative for six months.

As you have got HIV tested just after 40 days only, please get it tested again.

Your slightly low W.B.C. count doesn't confirm that you are having HIV infection.

At present you don't have any symptom which is specific to AIDS.

You should avoid fried and spicy food, and can take Omeprazole with Domperidone DSR on empty stomach, T. Unienzyme twice daily just after lunch and dinner and tablet like Supradyn or capsule like Becadexamine one daily for G.I. disorder. And if there is no improvement, please consult a Gastroenterologist.

As it requires examination, you should consult a Gynecologist or specialist in Skin & V.D. for cuts in genital area. Mean while you can apply Candid cream twice daily and avoid use of soap in genital area.

If you are not getting good sleep, can sometimes try tablet Alpramazole 0.25 one tablet after dinner. It may relieve your stiff neck problem. Consult your Physician also.

Please upload your C.B.C. report and get HIV tested.

Hope, you will be satisfied with the answer. If you have further query in this regard, please ask.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Have had symptoms of itchiness in anus, discomfort in stomach, stiff neck, low WBC. Had sexual encounter. HIV test best when? 22 minutes later
Thank you and I understand 3 months according to cdc is conclusive but told most people will show antibodies at 25 days and a good portion by 6 weeks. I also have my results I can't upload but I will put them here:

wbc 3.7
rbc 3.98
hgb 13.1
hct 36.8
mcv 93
mch 32.9
mchc 35.6
rdw 12.3
plc count 264
mpv 8.9
poly 57
lymph 34
mono 6
eosin 2
baso 1
nrbc%, auto 0
abs neut 2.1
abs lymph 1.3
abs mono 0.2
abs eosin 0.1
abs baso 0.0
iron 135
uibc 171
tibc 306
% saturation 44
tsh 0.484
cholosterol 167
trigylcerides 132
hdl 59
ldl 94
chol/hdl ratio 3.0
vldl 14
Metabolic panel
glucose random 83
bun 6
creatinine 0.7
bun/creat/ratio 9.0
sodium 137
potassium 4.1
chloride 101
co2 30
anion gap 6
calcium 9.2
total protein 7.8
albumin 4.4
globulin 3.4
alb/glob ratio 1.3
bili, total 0.3
sgot/ast 20
sgpt/alt 19
alk phos 51
egfr 100.63

Welcome again,

Low WBC and Lymphocyte count means your immunity is poor and you are at a higher risk of infection.

A low lymphocyte count can be a temporary response to viral infection and medicines like corticosteroids, which can return to normal.

But if it is due to HIV infection, it will not return to normal and easy to treat infections becomes incurable.

Some neurological and auto immune diseases, bone marrow conditions etc. can also cause low lymphocyte count.

Please get your W.B.C. count done once again and Test for HIV too.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you have further query in this regard, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,