Have had swollen lymph node in neck. Noticed movable node in supraclavicular. How to get relief?

I have had a swollen lymph node in my neck for 2 months, saw a doctor who said I could've irritated it by touching it several times a day for 2 months (I have anxiety and it was freaking me out)

But the day I went to the doctor I noticed a node in my supraclavical (left side), it is soft/pea sized and moveable. Later that day I found more small swollen lymph nodes in my neck on both sides (again, small soft and moveable).

I had a CBC that came back normal.

Can lymph nodes can swell AFTER being sick? I don't know these are popping up all of the sudden.
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 5 hours later

Thanks for the query

I would like to enlighten certain things to you about lymph nodes as I feel you have not been informed about them

1. Lymph nodes only above 1.5cm radius which are hard, matted, fixed to the underlying structure or tender is considered as significant
2. Lymphnodes enlarge in many conditions but the most common cause for a lymph node enlargement is infection of its draining area.
3. Constantly touching, poking, squeezing it will cause further enlargement of the lymphnode and also makes it tender

You did the right thing by approaching a doctor for it, if the lymph nodes further enlarge, becomes tender over the few weeks please approach a general surgeon for a biopsy.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further queries I will be happy to reply

I wish you good health