Have had sore ankles. Taking duromine to lose weight. What caused the pain to reduced?

Spine Surgeon
i have had sore ankles for over 3 year i am taking duromine to loose wieght and the pain is now gone .How come?
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 2 hours later

The drug is for weight loss.
If you had lost weight even by few kilos, the stress going to your ankles could have reduced resulting in relief of symptoms.
So the answer is , its not the drug but the weight reduction has worked for your ankles
thank you
Follow-up: Have had sore ankles. Taking duromine to lose weight. What caused the pain to reduced? 9 hours later
my ankles were extemely sore were i could not walk ! I was not over wieght and played basketball 3 times a week and did wieght training I was very fit . Over the 3 years I put on 12kg. On the first day i took the dureomine I had no pain .This is not the reason
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 3 hours later
Well, I think we are seeing a new use of this drug