Have had some lab work done. Concerned about levels. Had breast cancer Suggest?

Thank you -
I had some lab work done in XXXXXXX I see my internist every 4 months. When I went to see her yesterday, she had some concerns about my lab work from XXXXXXX so she ordered lab work again. The following is a list of things that were listed as high. What about these numbers caused her to be concerned, and what could the high numbers indicate?
1. Protein - 8.3
2. Cholesterol - 224.0
3. Lym - 4.1
4. Lym% - 70.7
The following were low:
1. NEU - 1.0
2. NEU % 16.7
I do not have the results from the lab work preformed yesterday.
Thank you.
Sorry - will resend - didn't fill in email address window.
I was asked to submit more information. At the time I was diagnosed with my breast cancer, I had a lumpectomy. The cancer had not spread to my lymph nodes. The oncologist was very aggressive, as I was a 44 year mother with 2 young sons.
The only other significant information about my health history is - My spleen was removed in 1969 as a result of injury from car accident.
Otherwise, I have been in good health.
I have tons of energy and live an active life style.
Let me know if you need to know any other
specific information.
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lab reports are worrying; raise concern

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing in ma'am.

I understand why your doctor might be concerned, it is due to your medical history put together with the current laboratory reports; I shall elaborate on that for your better understanding.

1. Protein - 8.3: Indicates the presence of inflammation or infection somewhere in the body. But if there are no other signs of infection, then an inflammation should be assumed, in your case; inflammation is more likely
2. Cholesterol - 224.0: Border-high, not really much to worry about
3. Lymphocytes - 4.1: Should be co-related with the % reading
4. Lymphocytes % - 70.7 %: Usually high in viral infections; but when a low neutrophil count is seen (as is seen in your case), is a sign of lymphoma (blood cancer)

I am sorry to inform you, but based on the lab results, your doctor is worried about a possible chance of blood cancer. This will of course have to be confirmed, but please be strong and do not delay visiting your doctor.

I am extremely sorry to be the one to inform you about the same. I hope this is nothing serious and you go on to live a long and healthy life.

Best of luck and god bless.
Follow-up: Have had some lab work done. Concerned about levels. Had breast cancer Suggest? 19 hours later
Thank you for answering my question. If it is not blood cancer, what else could it be? What else could these results indicate? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infections are second on the list

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again ma'am.

Thank you for your response.

If not blood cancer, then the other possibilities to consider with the given investigations would be bacterial or viral infections. Although, as mentioned earlier the current investigations put blood cancer as the primary suspected diagnosis, the secondary conditions would be infections.

I hope this information helps you ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me about any other queries you have.

Best wishes.