Have had shingles. Severe itching and numbness on face. How to get cure?

The right side of my dace went numb on the 29th January. It is still numb but now it itches unbeably, all around my nose, up the side of my nose, under my eye. I have been to the docs who doesn't know what it is. I have been to a dentist, then an odentist who can't find any nerve problems associated with my teeth. It feels like shingles, which i had 10 years ago round my waist, but there are not spots, just numbness, some sporadic pain and awful burning itching. Sometime it is a tickling like insects on my skin but mostly an itching like an insect bite. The right side of my tongue is numb [and a different colour - furry white] as is the right side of the roof of my mouth.
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 32 minutes later

You may be correct, it could be shingles.

In your case, the shingles virus might have involved the nerve gangilion of trigeminal nerve on right side. This nerve supplies half of the face and hence you have numbness exactly in half face that is on right side.

There, presence of skin lesion is not necessary. Shingles may sometimes present only with loss of sensation.
White patch on your half tongue as well as roof of mouth is due to loss of sensation, as you are not able to feel, it is not getting cleaned on its own.

I suggest you to again XXXXXXX a dermatologist and discuss him regarding shingles.
You need treatment to prevent permanent damage to nerve.

For now you can start taking Vitamin B complex capsules.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.