Have had sharp pain in the end of penis and noticed blood from it. ECG and kidney test clear. What is wrong?

This morning I had extremely sharp pain in the end of my penis when sat on the lavatory. so bad I had to stand up seemed like the end of my penis was burning had to press the end of my penis to help reduce the pain. Later in the morning urinated without any problem. Lunchtime was as bad as this morning with excruciating pain on the end of my penis. This evening sat on lavatory, urinated, no pain but considerable blood afterwards, not blood mixed with urine but pure blood. Been faithful to wife since married (5 Years) Recently had full medical examination with no signs of problems, including ecg and liver/kidney function tests
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 14 hours later

I am extremely sorry for the delay in answering. The symptoms you are mentioning are of strangury and hematuria. These two symptoms as well as your presentation are highly suggestive of yourself having stone in the ureter. Ureter is the pipe that connects kidney to the bladder. When somebody has stone at the lower end of ureter, close to the bladder, then he or she experiences the same symptoms as you are experiencing.
You need to get yourself investigated with urinalysis and ultrasound of the kidney-ureter-bladder region (KUB). In the meantime start yourself on the over the counter pain killer such as paracetamol. Take 1 tablet Tylenol 400 mg as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily)
This shall reduce the swelling around the stone and allow the stone to be passed. Drink around 2- 2.5 litres of water and cranberry juice twice daily.
Don't go overboard on the fluids as that shall be counterproductive and avoid alcoholic drinks including beer.
See a urologist after your investigations and start yourself on silodosin under his care. This shall relax the ureter and allow the stone to be passed.

I hope I have been of help to yourself from distance. Any other queries are more than welcome and all the best.