Have had severe cystic acne for years. Now have blood filled cysts, no puss. Why are they around eye mostly?

I have had severe cystic acne for years now I am having cysts filled with blood instead of pus mostly around my eyes

All acne cysts are extremely painful
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 3 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

As your acne cysts are extremely painful, seems to be infected.

You require a course of antibiotics initially in high dose. Doxycycline, Tetracycline, Minocycline and Erythromycine are more effective.

Large cysts may require acne surgery.

Oral contraceptives with/without spironolectone can be given.

Isotretinoin can be used for resistant cases.

Interlesional injections of coticosteroids are also useful.

You have to start treatment with antibiotics, and as soon as bacteria develop resistance to one, you have to switch over to another.

Thus you should consult a Dermatologist of your area for evaluation and treatment. You can discuss all these options with him for a suitable treatment.

If you have further query in this regard, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,