Have had severe back pain, feels like spine pain with pins and needles in legs. Taking amino acid

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi, I'm a 25 year old male and have had severe back pain since I was young after i fell out of a 30ft tree.
I have recently been taking amino acids which helped a lot as I am a very active person and i eat healthy too
But I've a very different pain in my back that feels like pain in my spine and my leg has had pins and needles shooting to my feet. Please help my gp isnt interested in helping me
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be lumbar disc bulge

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

According to your history it looks like there is lumbar disc bulge compressing your spinal nerves leading to pins and needle sensation in your legs.
I will advise you to do x XXXXXXX spine and MRI spine.
You may need muscle relaxant with analgesic,and neurotropic medicine.
Hot fomentation will give faster relief.
Physiotherapy like IFT and SWD will give quick relief.
Spine exercises done regularly will prevent reccurance of such episodes.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Follow-up: Have had severe back pain, feels like spine pain with pins and needles in legs. Taking amino acid 4 minutes later
How do i get my local hospital to agree to do a x ray? As they have know interest in helping me
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult an orthopaedician

Detailed Answer:
I Suggest you to consult an orthopaedician. He/she may send you for x-ray/ MRI of involved part after through examination.