Have had semen analysis test. What are the findings?

sir, I here by attach my report of semen analysis . Please tell me whether I will be able to father a child or not. What should be the normal ranges of the parameters of semen analysis and whether the result of my test lies within it or not ? If not then is there anything serious ? This can be treated or not ? I masturbated 3/4 time within last 36 hours of the test. Is there any effect on the report ? can recent masturbation reduce sperm motility ? I am afraid of the pus cell found in the semen. Is it very XXXXXXX or normal ?Please suggest me sir. i am worried.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
I have seen your reports and find that except sperm motility and some pus cells every thing appears all right.
However your report is not proper in the sense that for proper report,one has to abstain from ejaculation for at least 72 hours before the test.

If the sperm test is abnormal, this will need to be repeated 3-4 times over a period of 3-6 months to confirm whether the abnormality is persistent or not. Don't jump to a conclusion based on just one report - remember that sperm counts do tend to vary on their own.
It takes six weeks for the testes to produce new sperm - which is why you need to wait before repeating the test. It also makes sense to repeat it from another laboratory, to ensure that the report is valid.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Have had semen analysis test. What are the findings? 11 minutes later
sir, does recent (within last 72 hours before the test) masturbation reduce sperm motility ? Is the number of pus cell found in my sample the matter of worry ? Although I will repeat the test after some days is there anything serious with this report ? With the given report of mine am I unable to father a child (although repetition of the test will be done suppose the result is similar in next test) ?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 44 minutes later
I will answer your queries one by one.
1...Recent masturbation affects the sperm count but not the motility.
2...Although he number of pus cells are not high,but it still denotes infection.However it can be treated by suitable antibiotics.
3...There is definitely a problem of sperm motility and low sperm motility can greatly affect getting pregnant.  While it is not as common of a problem as having a low sperm count, low sperm motility can be much more difficult of a fertility problem for a man to address than a low sperm count.  While low sperm count can often be treated with a simple lifestyle change or with a medication of one sort or another, problems with low sperm motility and the way it affects getting pregnant more often will require a more aggressive, complicated, and costly solution.

The fact is that there  are not very many medical treatments available for low sperm motility.  In most cases, the only reliable medical solutions to having low sperm motility tend to be IVF and ICSI, two procedures which place the sperm in direct contact with the egg, so that sperm motility cannot affect getting pregnant.

However, there are other methods that some men have relied on in terms of sperm motility and getting pregnant.  There are some nutritional supplements that may help affect getting pregnant.  These might include like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B12, Selenium, Zinc, and other nutrients. 
There is nothing to worry much as everything shall be all right and with plenty of modern treatments and techniques,fatherhood can be achieved.