Have had semen analysis test. Are sperms motile to help conception?
User rating for this question
I have a sperm count of 140 million / ml progressive motility 20 % zigzag motility 20 % sluggish motility 15 % flickering motility 25% non motility 20 % normal sperm momorphology 80%.does these reports are good enough to gey my wife pregnant.i could find there is no scientific base while assessing the motility.i could find whenever somebody goes with normal sperm count report will come less for motility.my wife conceived after 6 months of our marriage and got abortion in 4th month . from then we have been trying from 2 yrs but unable to.she is o.k wit all her reports. Is it a natural delay or my side due to motility problem we are not having kids? Plz suggest me the reality.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your semen analysis is well within accepted range Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have normal sperm count with 20% of the sperms being with active grade one motility. It is active grade one motile sperms that are important from the point of view of effective fertilization of female egg. Pregnancy results from the fertilization of female egg(mature follicle) by a active grade one motile sperm I would emphasize to confirm again whether your wife has normal menstrual cycle and whether mature ovarian follicles are produced or not. Please consult qualified infertility specialist for proper hormonal assessment and to confirm regarding ovulation .There is no reason why you should not impregnate your wife . Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
People also viewed
- What is sluggish sperm
- I have been feeling sick for about a week now with stomach
- Semen analysis active motile test
- Watery ejeculation
- White sticky substance under for skin
- Skin on testicles tight
- Semen analysis normal high prolactin hysterscopy due to polyps conception
- Semen analysis done can sucess be achieved for conception
- Asthenozoospermia diagnosed in the semen analysis is normal conception possible
- Solutions to watery sperm
- Failure in conception semen analysis done should i improve sth
- Unusual lesions on your tongue
- Testical pain and sciatica
- Ornidazole iv
- Uncircumsized skin to tight