Ask a Urologist   »  

Have had redness on penis tip. Noticed white bubbles on it. Is this a serious problem?

I have had a redness at the tip of the penis.It looks like small thin lines similar to the spreads of nerve endings where
they join other nerves. I have had this condition for about 25 years with no problems.
The new condition I have for about 2 months. On the tip, under side, two white bubbles, one about 3cms and the
other about 1 cm wide. The rise of the white bubble is about 1 1/2 cm.
Is this a known condition and is it a serious ? Thank you.
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 45 minutes later

The first condition, where there are fine lines on the glans since 25 years, could be pearly penile papule. Here there is a bit overgrowth of glands, but it is totally normal.

The second condition is raised white bumps. These could be due to any of the following.
1. Candida infection.
2. Psoriatic plaque.
3. Pemphigoid, if it is raised and fluid filled.

I would like to know, whether it is solid or fluid filled.
If you don't mind, I request you to send a picture of the lesion. You can use the site's uploader provided on this page to load a picture. This will help me greatly in finding out a possible cause.

Awaiting your reply...