Have had red and white rash on tip of Penis. Tried yeast infection cream. Not working. Suggest?

Red/white rash on tip of Penis. Had for several months. Tried yeast infection cream. Not working.
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Neera Kataria 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for your query.

You have a rash on the tip of penis for several months.

You have not mentioned the size, shape, whether it is associated with pain or discomfort or burning, which would have helped in a closer diagnosis.

Most probable possibility is candidal infection . You have tried only creams which sometimes are not able to eliminate infections. You need to take oral anti-fungals by prescription.

Other possibilities are:
-Genital herpes

You may upload images or consult a dermatologist near by for exact diagnosis and treatment.

Feel free to ask any query in this regard.
Follow-up: Have had red and white rash on tip of Penis. Tried yeast infection cream. Not working. Suggest? 1 hour later
Itches sometimes. Domed shaped formations on the glans. Tend to have redness just below the glans in the shaft that seems to be tight and cut easily. Almost seems like a stretching problem with the skin from a previous cut.
Answered by Dr. Neera Kataria 8 hours later
Hi, thanks for writing back.
I have seen the images. It seems to be candidal or yeast infection. You need to start oral anti fungal treatment under guidance of a dermatologist. You may apply anti fungal cream locally and oral antihistamine for itching.

You have also mentioned of a cut and difficulty in stretching, which may be due to inflammation, there is a possibility of secondary bacterial infection for which I recommend you to take oral antibiotics good hygiene and keeping the area dry.
Hope this helps you.
Keep me posted.