Have had recurrent itchy area under foreskin, moist and smelly. Given primifocurt, hot during sex. Suggest?

hi .. i have ,and have had for many months , an itchy area under my foreskin , seems to go away and then just flair up .very uncomfitable .moist and quite an odour by the days end gave me primifocort change ..gets a very hot and uncomfortable during sex and have to cease the activity ...
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
metronidazole,ciprofloxacin to be added orally..

Detailed Answer:

It is most probably caused by a genital infection, to my opinion, most probably a mixed of fungal and bacterial infection.

Therefore, I would recommend to start oral antibiotic therapy (metronidazole + ciprofloxacin for 10 days), fluconazole once a week for 4 weeks and add some other local cream containing metronidazole + nystatin cream (usually they are prescribed as vaginal cream, but you can use it to your foreskin area for 2 weeks).

If you have any discharge by your genitalia, it is better to perform a culture test for better antibiotic sensitivity and therapy.

I would recommend not to be sexually active while on treatment. If you have only one partner, please advise to get treated. If you have more than one partner, please take proper measures.

Hope it answered to your inquires!