Have had pimple on penis. Noticed discoloration after applying neosporin. What's wrong?

Jul 2012

Ok here I had a pimple on my penis which freaked me out so I popped it and then applied Neosporin. However instead of putting it on the one spot I put it all over my penis as I had noticed similar localized discolored areas and tiny bumps in the past which I thought could have been due to excessive masturbation, this was 4 days ago the next day I noticed extreme discoloration and irritation all over the upper side of my penis shaft and at the base I immediately stopped using Neosporin or soaps in the genital area but the irritation and stagnant discoloration is still there I am afraid this is more than an irritation. There are about 20 spots on top of my shaft some are flat some are tiny bumps two seem to run in a long line all are discolored. My last sexual activity was a month ago with my wife, im afraid that I may have genital warts that may have been lying dormant until now I have already been tested for HSv 2 which was negative. I have asked other online doctors and have been getting answers such as Linchen Planus, fordcye spots, and just recently lymphangitits which really seams far fetched as I have no significant pain in the area. I am really terrified that something is really wrong and just need peace at mind I really hope you can help.
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 19 hours later
Hi there.
Dont is not anything major. I noticed the spots but honestly instead of a net consult, think a dermatologist on the ground would be the best person to throw this gauntlet down to! Personally, i think they look like Moluscum & can easily be removed in the Outpatient dept.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venreologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India
Follow-up: Have had pimple on penis. Noticed discoloration after applying neosporin. What's wrong? 13 minutes later
Thank you for the reply how could these be removed and unfortunately I am on vacation and not able to see my Dr. I understand that I should see a dermatologist but from your professional opinion how can you tell rather or not they are genital warts or molluscum, either way I have only been with one woman for three years so how in the world could I have contracted this?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there.
How you could have contracted, why it happens, genital or non-genital all semantics. End result, we first ned to address issue of i said small procedure..dont know where u holidaying..but anywhere, a dermatologist there will easily be able to address; else wait to get home & do emergency. I would tell you how to differentiate tween the two, but by the laws governing this site, cannot divulge that info as pts hv tried to do things themselves & ended up in apologies. These things may be infectious & can spring up after clear incubation period but are minor infections..relax & see a dermatologist when time permits..all will be well..get your woman assessed too :) Good Luck & Godspeed!
Dr Rodrigues