Have had painless, pulsating area on lower neck. Should I be concerned about acute aortic regurgitation?

57 year old healthy, active, normal weight male. For several days I have had painless, but constant, rapid (200 pulses per min.) and visibly pulsating area on the lower left side of the front of my neck. I feel no pulse directly on the pulsing area. My resting pulse rate is about 68 bpm. Blood pressure is normal. I do not appear to be otherwise effected although I am now anxious. Should I be concerned about acute aortic regurgitation? If not, what else?
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
The fast heart rate is a painless event, it gives a sense of pounding or fluttering in chest, particularly so when it is fast and irregular.
Pulsating area can be a thyroid nodule making excessive thyroxine which leads to tachycardia frequently.
You should get physical examination by a physician and get investigated.
Thyroid profile, renal function test, 2D-ECHO and an ECG and Holter are the basic tests which can help diagnose your problem.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.