Have had pain around shoulder blade. Feel pain in chest when sneezing. What could be the cause?

I have had pain around my right shoulder blade for 4 weeks now. i can also feel the pain in my chest especially when i sneeze. i really think is is all musscular but i have been for several massages and its not getting better. i sometimes have headaches to. i play netball and i work in an office at a desk part time.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 1 hour later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through the query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be having right sided back pain since 4 weeks.

2. You can visit a pulmonologist and get yourself clinically evaluated and also get a chest xray done.

3. If clinical examination and xray is normal , then it is in all probability muscular. You can take analgesics in consultation with your doctor.

4. If still no relief then an orhtopedic examination with evaluation like MRI may be required.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist
Replied by Dr. Gyanshankar Mish