Have had oral sex. Tongue is sore at the edges. What is it?

I have given a girl oral sex 4 days ago. My tongue is a little soar at the edges only. what may this be.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

A few conditions mimic this symptom.

1 - Aphthous ulcer or canker sore of the tongue: This is due to multivitamin deficiency. You may want to take multivitamin supplements for a week for this to be cured. Apply oral gel that contains acetaminophen to get relief from the pain. It is available over the counter. You could request the pharmacist to give you one.

2 - It could be a sore caused by virus - Herpes or Ebstein Barr's. To confirm on this, I would like you to upload a picture of your tongue lesion. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself on the right side of this query page. If possible, please do it.

Else, you may have to consult a local physician who could have a clear look at the sore and treat you accordingly.

I hope your STD panel tests are clear. Practice safe sex and take care.

I shall wait for your response.