Have had open lesions. Started having pain, stiffness in ankle and wrist. Safe remedy?

Dec 2012

I woke up three days ago and could not move my wrist... open a door or anything....that went away and then it was my left elbow....that subsided..then it was my right ankle.. on the outside and could not walk...and today both ankles hurt. can't walk on them with out great pain. never had a problem before. I do yoga daily right .very scared. I have had skin issues with open lesions that won't heal. since 91' (some say morgellons) I don't believe that. seeks fungal or a nematode. or whip worm . possibly a mite. but this pain is new now.
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX
I am pleased to be able to assist you with your health query on this forum.

From your description, pain + stiffness of joints always almost represents polyarthritis (multiple joints inflammation) which could be more specifically Rheumatoid arthritis (but no swelling may make it less likely). You will need to be checked for septic polyarthritis by getting to your doctor who might possibly run the following tests: ASLO, RF, CBC, Blood electrolytes, CT scan/MRI of the affected joints (even the ones that have subsided), uric acid levels (to rule out gouty crisis), kidney function test etc. Also get your CD4 count and viral load tested (given your HIV status).
Multiple skin lesions are risk factors for septic arthritis.

It is only after putting down all the above tests (plus others your doctor deems necessary) that your doctor can understand with high probability what might be the cause of your multiple joint pains and stiffness.

Hope this helps and let me know if you got other queries.
Dr. Bernard
Follow-up: Have had open lesions. Started having pain, stiffness in ankle and wrist. Safe remedy? 35 minutes later
thank you I will. had the lesions off n on for years... never had any signs of secondary infections ...would be weird to get one now. I will check though. thanks
any advice on doctors that Orkney with morgellons ? in Dallas?
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 11 minutes later
Thanks for updating,
It will be a positive step to take.
Morgellons is a condition characterized by a range of cutaneous (skin) symptoms including crawling, biting, and stinging sensations (formication); finding fibers on or under the skin; and persistent skin lesions (e.g., rashes or sores). It is believed to be a form of delusional infestation (also called delusional parasitosis). I suggest you check more on the CDC website for any information on the morgellons diseases and maybe they can oriented you on doctors that are working on that (around Dallas)...

Hope this further helps and let me know if you are satisfied.
Dr. Bernard