Have had nephritis. Blood work done. Should I be concerned with any of the values?

Hi, I had Nephritis when I was about 6 years old. I just had blood work done for a pre surgery exam. My blood work came back with these numbers that were marked as out of limits,
MCV 101 High
RDW 11.3 Low
Lymphocytes 17.8 Low
Creatinine 1.34 High
GFR 57 Low
Should I be concerned with any of these numbers??

Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Thanks for he query.
The levels of MCV,RDW and LYMPHOCYTES are almost near normal levels and as such don't indicate any thing but your slightly high creatinine levels associated with low GFR and a history of nephritis in your childhood raises sufficient doubts and they must be cleared by thorough assessment and investigation by a nephrologist.

The most important point of your investigation is reduced GFR and this is one of the criteria for diagnosis of chronic kidney disease ( CKD )

Staging of chronic kidney disease is a way of quantifying it's severity.
CKD is classified into 5 stages based on GFR.
According to the classification GFR 60 to 89 is called as reduced or stage 2 CKD
While GFR 30 to 59 is called as stage 3 or MILD CKD.
However it is not proper to label you as chronic kidney disease patient as you require many other investigations before establishing any disease in you.But definitely this scenario demands a full enquiry and a proper assessment by the nephrologist.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck