Have had itchy rash. Itchiness has subsided it is red and purple on leg. What could it be?

On my leff leg, I have had a rash for about 2 months. It itched really bad, but the itching has subsided. It is now red, with some purple, probably from itching so much. The skin is vet rough. It goes from the bank of my ankle and then wraps around to the front and middle part of my leg. It is not on inside or upper part of my leg.I no type of byte. What do you think?
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

It would have been better if you have uploaded the picture of rash.

Is the rash localized or spreading?
Is there any discharge or ulcer over it?
Do you have diabetes mellitus ?
Is it associated with muscle pain or fever?

It seems to be allergic dermatitis , you should take antiallargic medications and calamine lotion after consulting you dermatologist.

Waiting for you follow up.