Have had itching and broken skin behind ears. Yellowish liquid oozing out. Tried neosporin. Any cure?

I have had itching and broken skin behind both ears (worse on the left one) and clear to yellowish liquid oozing out of the broken areas that forms a crusty layer on the surrounding skin
I have tried using Neosporin several times a day for several days, it seems to get a bit better but does not go away.
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 16 minutes later

The description given by you matches with diagnosis of seborheic dermatitis.However it can also be dariers disease, contact dermatitis,pyoderma.

Also I would like to know
-Do you have dandruff / flaky scalp?
-Any new ear rings or accessories used recently?
-Any other area like face /neck/upper chest affected?
-since when you have this problem?

Can you upload good quality photographs of the affected skin .
Photos can help a great way in predicting the condition.
You can upload them by using feature on right hand side of this box.

Answer the above questions and I would be able to suggest you treatment in better way.
Awaiting your response.