Have had inverted pelvis, bone of pelvis was out of place. What are the after effects of it?

I have had an inverted pelvis in the past, can you please tell me what you know about this,
Could you also tell me what are the after effects from it, my pelvis area and hips were very weak at one time, but are not so bad now. It is about 8 years ago.
I can't find any information about it, and when I spoke to a doctor about it in a surgery, she was very unhelpful,
In addition, going on my exercise bike, helps my pelvis become stronger, could you please tell me why?

Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 3 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with you question.

There is no such thing as an inverted pelvis. We do, though, often talk about the uterus being 'retroverted'. Is it possible that this was explained to you immediately after a pelvic exam? Could this be in relation to your uterus?

Please clarify and I will try and help you!
Follow-up: Have had inverted pelvis, bone of pelvis was out of place. What are the after effects of it? 11 hours later
No it was an inverted pelvis, two doctors have talked to me about it, but did not tell me much about it,
it is not on the internet, you would have to look in a medical book about it,
if you have not heard of it,
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 20 hours later
Thank you for the followup.

It is not on the Internet OR in a textbook because the term 'inverted pelvis' is just not the technical term for whatever this is that they are describing. Women DO have different shapes to the pelvis, such as 'gynecoid' and 'android'. It seems to me that they are trying to describe something to you in different terms so that you can understand it better, but it obviously is not working!!

It might be a good time to seek a third opinion with an OBGYN and:
1. Describe your symptoms
2. Ask for a pelvic exam
3. Have them describe their findings with pictures or a model
4. Persist until you understand better- after all you are paying for their services!!

I hope that this helps.
Follow-up: Have had inverted pelvis, bone of pelvis was out of place. What are the after effects of it? 3 hours later
Dear Dr Raichle

It was nothing to do with my uterus, or gynachological, it was the bones of my pelvis which were out of place,
If that term is not a technical term, then I do not know what the actual term is,
it was pushed back in to place by a physiotherapist,
some of the bones were hanging down forward, it is hard to describe, when I saw a doctor and told him, he looked it up in a medical book and found out about it there, but he did not tell me the correct term for it,
it sometimes happens I have been told when footballers kick their leg up high,
I had my leg yanked very strongly from behind, whist I was lying down on my stomach, that it how it happened to me, and it pulled my pelvis bones out of place,
it affected my walking very badly, and was corrected by a physiotherapist, who pushed it back into place, but again, she did not talk in depth to me about it,
I know that I should have made sure at the time, that they gave me the full information, but I didn't.
If you can't find out about it, because I do not know the correct term, then that is understandable.
it also had long term affects even after it was pushed back into place, everything was weakened around my pelvis- all the joints, but going on an exercise bike does strengthen it all,
I am very familiar with the bones of the pelvis as an OB/GYN. The pelvic bone itself is multiple bones "fused" together into one structure. You cannot displace these bones under any circumstances except for the 'looseness' of these fused joints that some women experience when they are pregnant.

I am extremely wary of someone who claims to have "pushed" them back into place and feel as though you are being taken advantage of in terms of their claims.

The fact is that there was an injury, at some point, and some form of Physical Therapy and exercises make it feel better. If they can find the term, but still cannot tell you what the term is means that it does not exist. I am sorry, but I remain extremely skeptical given the lack of explanation to you of what is going on!!

If you are still having problems, then you need assistance from either a certified Physical Therapist or an Orthopedist.

Good luck!