Have had intermittent motor sound in ears. ENT test normal. What could it be?

I've had a motor sound in my ears on and off for the past 3 weeks. ENT doctor found nothing wrong, feels it may be from stress, teeth grinding or had fluid in my ear that workrd its way out and this is still happening becuase of it. Please help its driving me crazy. Sometimes its loud especially when i am at home in front of my TV.
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Tinnitus Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like you are experiencing something called as tinnitus which is quite common. Most often it is caused by viral infection of the middle ear. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Avoid listening to loud music and ear phones 2.Avoid exposure to cold climate and cold winds. Make sure your ears are covered when you are going out 3. Tab Betahistadine 8mg is usally given for a period of 7 days, to be taken three times daily. It brings down the symptoms.Please discuss this suggestion with your ENT specialist I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me Regards