Have had infection and exploratory surgeries. After stitches started leaking fluid. On Doxy and Cephalexin. Suggest?

I have had an infection for over 6 yrs. and have had 6 exploratory surgeries. Most were staff but the last one was MRSA. The doctor found a 8 inch stitch just below the facia. I thought it was all over and then I started leaking a clear fluid out of my belly button and a blood pocket over my last insition that turned into a sore. I have taken to rounds of Doxy and am now on a round of Cephalexin four times a day. I just need to know what kind of doctor to go to. I must get this infection gone because it is hurting my kidneys.
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
HI and thank you for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what you are experiencing right now and the multiple surgeries you have been through.

From you past and symptoms, I will suggest that you see an abdominal surgeon(preferably the doctor who did the last surgery). He will examine you and find out if there is any need for you to get these areas that drain fluid opened and cleansed. He will collect samples and send to the laboratory for culture and drug sensitivity testing. He should and would work in close collaboration with an infectiologist who would get culture studies to identify the exact germ and also propose what antibiotic is best adapted to eradicate this infection. I believe these two should be able to help you get this problem fixed.

I hope this answered you query and provides guidance on how to approach this problem. If you desire some more information that I have not provided, please guide me by asking specific follow up questions so that I can address them fully.
I wish you a speedy and complete resolution from this infection.
Dr. Ditah, MD.