Have had high prolactin. Took cabergoline. Noticed less blood flow during periods. Gaining weight. Help?

I am 38 years old female and a mother of 2. I have had high prolactin (135) last year which was diagnosed as a result of some antacids which I was taking. I took cabergoline for 2 months and left it. after that all my tests (thyroid, prolactin etc ) turn out to be normal every 3 months. but since the blood flow during my periods have decresed and I am gaining weight. I was 62 last year and now 66.5. I don't loose this weight despite regular exercise and careful eating. please help
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need more detailed testing.

Detailed Answer:

Ma'm taking cabergoline and believing that normal prolactin levels means everything normal is not always right. You might require MRI pituitary with contrast to rule out prolactinoma. You might as well require detailed Pituitary hormonal testing, and USG pelvis. Once all this is done and everything comes out to be normal, then we can relax and concentrate on weight issue.

Thanks & all the best.
Follow-up: Have had high prolactin. Took cabergoline. Noticed less blood flow during periods. Gaining weight. Help? 1 hour later
I had already undergone both screenings (MRI pituitary and USG pelvis) which turned out to be normal. I had also consulted a specialist who had said that all seemed to be normal. but I still have weight issues and less blood flow during periods. can it imply early perimenopause? as far as hormonal resting is concerned I get prolactin test every 3 months and thyroid too which were both normal about 15 days back. do you recommend any other blood test?
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
LH, FSH, Estradiol, 17 (OH) P, FT4

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Good to hear that MRI Pituitary and USG pelvis were normal. You might undertake LH, FSH, Estradiol, FT4 and 17 (OH) P on second day of your cycle, empty stomach , <9 am to find out the probability of Early menopause.