Have had high immature granolocytes. What does it mean?

I have had high( between .05-.08) immature granolocytes since march what does it mean
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your blood counts are within normal limits.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing XXXXXXX for asking your query.

* Granulocytes are white blood cells. They fight with pathological organism & protect us from a disease.
* <2% immature granulocytes seen in peripheral smear of blood sample is considered as normal.
* >2% immature granulocytes seen in two consecutive samples are taken as abnormal & are to be further evaluated.
** Your blood count shows 0.05-0.08 immature granulocytes since March.They are within normal limits.They do not suggest any pathology.
*** So please don't worry!

I hope, I have cleared your doubt. I will be happy to help you in case of further query,if any.
Thank you.