Have had headache and stomach lurches. No nausea or vomiting. Do I have brain tumor?

I have had a headache - squeezing, like I am wearing a hat but I am not - basically every day for 6 weeks. I also have a weird feeling of split second unsteadiness throughout the day. NEVER spinning dizziness or need to sit down, just literally a split second of a slight woozy feeling and then it is gone. lately too I have been having a lot more hypnic jerks upon trying to fall asleep lately and what I call "stomach lurches" like nervous stomach surge that lasts a second and goes away at night, too. No nausea or vomitting. terrified I have a brain tumor
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Brain Tumor
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 2 hours later
hi there, you should clarify for me at which time the headaches are more severe during the day? Have they ever waken you up from sleep? Are they so severe that are different from any other headahce in your life? are they accompanied with nausea? Do you feel numb in your hands or feet? Have you been under any specific stress during the last several months? If it is so, could you describe it to me?
Regarding the jerks upon trying to fall sleep, could you tell me do they happen in your feet? do you have an urge to move your body or leg at night? If it is so, does it happen before the jerks?
Please answer the questions in order to clarify more your situation.
Your headaches are probably tension headaches although more information is needed. It is very important to to see if they are related to tumor as you say, or aneurysm in your head, etc. I wish you a good health. Waiting for your answer.
Follow-up: Have had headache and stomach lurches. No nausea or vomiting. Do I have brain tumor? 6 minutes later
They are not severe at all. They are more mild to moderate and happen throughout the day. There is no single time they feel 'worse" to me. In do not have nausea, have not thrown up. I have not been woken up by my headaches during sleep. they do tend to subside a little when I finally get to the end of my day, and sit down in the evening with a glass of wine. No tingling, and the jerking feeling only happens at night when trying to sleep. Does happen in my feel but mostly my torso

the feeling of dizziness does not feel like it is coming from my head but feels like it initiates from my neck
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 16 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX, thanks for the explanation. It seems that your headaches are tension type. These are the most common type of headaches and they could be related to spasm of muscles in the neck and back of head area. Relaxation can help to alleviate them and also stress management is very important. It can help for the dizziness feeling as well.
The tingling sensations happens in your "feel"? did you type it as you wanted?
Please let me know about it.
I am waiting for it.