Have had hand trembling for seconds. Had loss of cervical lardosis due to muscle spasm. Advise?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013
Excellent

Neurologist
Question
Last weekend while taking my mother for hospitalization, I felt my left hand trembling for few seconds. I was definitely tensed, but not sure if it could have caused it. Also I had loss of cervical lardosis due to muscle spasm 1 year back. Should I be worried about it? Do I need to consult a doctor or is it normal ?

Thanks,
XXXXXX
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 59 minutes later
Thank you for posting your query.

Based on your description, the transient trembling of your left hand is most likely related to anxiety/tension, and there is no need to worry about it.

Also, there is no relation between the loss of cervical lordosis due to muscle spasm and the tremors.

At present, there is no need to see a doctor. However, if the symptoms recur, you may consult a neurologist.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Follow-up: Have had hand trembling for seconds. Had loss of cervical lardosis due to muscle spasm. Advise? 21 minutes later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

Thank-you for your reply.
I at times have felt an involuntary movement-like sensation in my leg's palm. I am not sure, if its the artery or a nerve. I have high cholesterol and triglycerides levels.

Is it normal? Since my wife too has the same tremor like sensations? (She too has high cholesterol and triglycerides)

Thanks and Regards

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 34 minutes later
Thank you for getting back with more details.

Occasional twitching movements are normal, especially if they occur in a single part of body. However, if they are more frequent or if they involve multiple parts of body, they should be evaluated.

High cholesterol and triglycerides should be treated with medications such as rosuvastatin and fenofibrate. In addition, low fat diet and exercises are also useful.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)