Have had friction burn on penis head. Not cured by medicine. Which cream should I use?

Jul 2012

hey , i have had friction burn on my penis head for over two weeks, i went to the doctor one week after i noticed, she gave me hyderm, clotrimaderm cream mix, after three days i notcied it wasnt getting any better slightly worse, i went back to another doctor she perscribed verdeso foam and taro-mupirocin twice daily, i have been using that for one week and i am not noticing much of a difference, the redness is mild but at times it is more noticable, how long should i wait until i go back to the doctor? what can i put on to lubricate it in between applying the foam and cream? in your cases of dealing with this problem how long should i expect to have it? thank you very much
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 52 minutes later
Hi there. Friction burns of the penis take their time to heal. Please continue the creams you are using & if no response, you may revert back to the doctor in the next 5 days going by your history. In the interim, you may add a Bioderma product called Sensibio d.s. that is meant to decrease the redness & soothe the skin & an emollient & as it is non-steroidal, you can use it for prolonged periods & the region will heal slowly. In my experience, there is no fixed time but 1-2 weeks is par for the course! Wish you a speedy recovery & dont worry the issue is not a grave one but the area understandably a 'sensitive' one in more ways than one! Cheers & Good Luck!!
Follow-up: Have had friction burn on penis head. Not cured by medicine. Which cream should I use? 3 days later
is sensibio a gel or foam? can i start using it with the other creams?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 11 hours later
Hi there. Sensibio d.s. is usually in a 'cream' base & yes you can start using it with the other creams. Cheers & good luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD