Have had flu and sinus problem. Blood count done for ESR level. What does the value signify?

Question
hai im 37 years old female , i recent did lab test on full blood count and my esr 32mm...i recently have flu and sinus problem
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 59 minutes later

ESR (Erythrocyte sedimentation rate) 32 mm can be considered moderately raised.

ESR is an non specific acute phase reactant, can be seen in many number of conditions also also seen raised even for a month or two after a illness.

There is a clear history of flu and sinus problem in you which could be the reason for the ESR to be raised.It does take a month or two to return to the normal values.There is no need to worry.

A good food and exercise would help in faster return to normal.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

regards,

Follow-up: Have had flu and sinus problem. Blood count done for ESR level. What does the value signify? 1 hour later
Thank you so much and please see the lab test that I attached for your reference

kindly advice me the food i should take to bring the ESR Down..and definitely will do exercises

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for writing back.

I have gone through the report.The ESR is only mildly raised and I have provided you the explanation above.

Amongst the rest the HDL and Uric are very negligibly deranged which are not enough to consider any diagnosis.

Protein XXXXXXX food , specially sprouts would be the best food for such a condition.Also do consume ample amount of fruit juices.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Have had flu and sinus problem. Blood count done for ESR level. What does the value signify? 22 minutes later
Thanks YOU VERY MUCH DR XXXXXXX .

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
You are welcome,

Thanks for using this service.