Have had fever. Notice dilated eyes. Is that cause for concern?

I have had a fever for 3 1/2 days (101 to 104) and I notice my eyes are now dilated. Is that cause for concern?
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 hours later
I would be pleased to answer your question .

There is a co relation of fever and eye dilatation through the Autonomic Nervous System . However , I would not believe that you should worry about it unless you are getting visual problems. This a natural physiological change that occurs in every person with fever .

I would recommend you should treat your fever and get your eyes checked by the opthalmologist in case you have burning , watering or redness of the eyes .

Thanks and take care