Have had enlarged lymph nodes at neck. Diagnosed with hemangioma. Are they related?

Question
I have had enlarged lymph nodes bilat at neck for 2-3 years now...do not appear to be growing
..now have one left groin..~ 2 inches, soft.....also dx with hemangioma, liver...could all be related ??
Do you have lymph nodes in liver??
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Lymphoma

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Lymph nodes are small organs of immune system, formed by organised collection of lymphoid tissue, through which lymph passes before mixing in blood.

Hemangioma is a growth of endothelial cells of blood vessels, characterized by increased number of blood filled vessels. It is benign and usually appears during first week of life.

Liver is a vital organ.

Haemangioma is not related. And lymph from liver pass through hepatic lymph nodes.

Lymph nodes are present on hepatic artery and along common bile duct.

If you have further query in this regard, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Have had enlarged lymph nodes at neck. Diagnosed with hemangioma. Are they related? 3 hours later
I guess I should have stated that the radiologist "suspects" a hemangioma...because of the other enlarged lymph nodes...could the mass in the liver also be enlarged lymph node....would MRI show for sure??

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 46 minutes later

Welcome again,

Whenever there is a disease in any part/organ of body, the related lymph nodes becomes enlarged.

Mass in the liver is hemangioma or any thing else can be confirmed by CT or MRI scans.

It will be better if you can upload reports with your followup query.

With good wishes,